The HBJ studio stands with the detained children and families at America's borders and all across the country.
Below are some groups you can donate to who are working tirelessly to protect the children separated from their families, as well as all families currently detained in internment camps.
Image Source: REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
- Call 202-224-3121, with your state and ZIP code and voice your support for SB3036- the Keeping Families Together Act that would stop separating immigrant families; R. 2572- Protect Family Values at the Border Act; R. 5950/S.2937- the HELP Separated Children Act; R. 2043/S. 2468 – Fair Day in Court for Kids Act of 2018.
- Donate to the Refugee & Immigrant Center for Education & Legal Services Family Reunification and Bond Fund. This organization provides legal services and educations for refugees in Texas and money donated will fund the immigration bonds parents must pay to be released from ICE's custody to reunite with their families.
- Donate to ACTBlue who will divide up your donation to a myriad of organizations and charities working for the children separated and detained by ICE.
- Donate to Border Angels, Border Angels a California nonprofit organization advocating for human rights and humane immigration reform with a special focus on issues related to the S-Mexican border.
- Donate to Kinds In Need Of Defense – KIND provides unaccompanied children legal services.
- Donate to The Florence Project, an Arizona organization that offers free legal services to all individuals detained by ICE.
We encourage you to share this post and hold your loved ones close. Thank you to SPACE Boston for making much of this information available.